Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

My Journey to Organization

A here,

This coming year I'm making a commitment to getting my life more organized. I like to think I'm pretty on top of my game when it come to certain aspects of my life...laundry, paying bills, appointments, keeping up on my house. These are all things I feel like I am in control of.

I'm just beginning the school process. My princess started pre-school this year and next year the little princesses will start. I decided to finish my degree and will be starting school again next month so any little things I can do around my house before then feels like an accomplishment.

My journey to organization started this week in my kitchen. I started with my pantry because it's a mess...I'll be honest with you I even cleaned up a bit before taking this picture because I was so embarrassed...

I try to keep all my baking supplies on the bottom shelf...you can see they are taking over and are a big pile of blah! 

Since I moved into my home 4 years ago I have been on the lookout for big GLASS jars that I can put my flour, sugar, and other baking supplies in. I finally found them last week :) Here is how I dressed them up...

 I have a Silhouette machine and I used it to cut out the words with a super cute font! I didn't show the process but I pressed the cling wrap on top of the words and removed the white back so I could stick them on the jars 
 This is before
And this is after! 

I am so happy with them :) They are huge and hold a ton! I got rid of the ugly looking bags in the pantry and now everything looks so pretty that I want to keep them on my counter but they are so big it looks kind of silly! 

So this is a little itty bitty step to me becoming more organized. One step at a time right? Maybe today I will clean up the pantry a little more and make room for these and I will try and finish the other glass jars. I will keep you updated on my organization process!

Until next time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment