Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Apple Bread

A here,

My MIL has the most fantastic recipe for apple bread. Whenever I have an abundance of apples in my fridge or even just a few that might go bad in the "next few days" this is the recipe I turn to. My kids eat it like candy...needless to say it doesn't stay in our house long. 

Here is the process:
 Butter and flour bread pans
 Combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and crisco oil
 Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda...add apples when mixed
 Divide the batter into the pans
Bake, let cool, then devour.
There is only one pan because we ate the other one...yes, it goes that fast :)

Here is the recipe:

Mix with mixer:
1 cup crisco oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
Mix well.

Add 3 cups chopped apples (about 3 medium apples)

Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 4 small - greased and floured

Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes (depending on how many apples you add - I always add at least 5 - this time will go up!)

Cool - invert pans

If you try this recipe I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we do!

Until next time, 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment