Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

A here,

Last night I made the most incredible Broccoli Cheddar Soup. I have been craving it for some time so I went for it. I have never made it before so it was a bit of an experiment....and it turned out PERFECTLY! Here is what I did...

Into a small pot I put about a pound and a half of broccoli heads and filled it 2/3 full with water and sprinkled some salt on the broccoli. I put it on the back burner while I was doing this....

I melted about 3 Tablespoons of butter in a pot. Then added a medium onion that was chopped. I cooked the onion in the butter until they were translucent. About 10 minutes on medium high heat. When I thought they looked good I added 3 Tablespoons of flour. I mixed it all around until the flour was combined. I then added a can of chicken broth and a pint of heavy whipping cream. I combined everything and stirred it for about 8 minutes. I drained the broccoli and added it in. I let it cook for about 3 minutes to make sure everything was combined and warm. Right before eating I put in 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and mixed it until the cheese melted (about 30 seconds!).

It was so yummy!!! The only addition I will make next time is serving it in bread bowls :)

Hope you try it out! Sorry for no pictures....

Until next time,
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment